Location: Yuba City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Now hiring Commercial PE'sThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Nick
CavanaghAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:We started as a
small family-owned business and have grown to a national GC ranked
in the top 15 within Northern California. Whether your project is a
multi-million dollar facility or a small space commercial
renovation we will listen to your goals and develop a strategy
based on your business needs. It is our goal to build a
long-lasting relationship you can depend on.Why join us?We are a
values-oriented organization that offers competitive pay, benefits,
and opportunity for advancement.Job DetailsWe are hiring a project
engineer with 2+ years of commercial construction experience. The
project engineer will work closely with all members of the project
team on projects of approximately $5Mil and will be responsible for
- Preparation, maintenance, and implementation of various
document control entities such as daily reports, material
procurement logs, submittal logs, as-builts, testing and inspection
logs, RFI logs, and change order logs.
- Organizing and electronically archiving project files for easy
access by the project team.
- Organizing the duties of other engineers, field office
coordinator, project accountant, and other assigned project staff.
This includes providing direction, prioritization, and performance
- Preparation, monitoring, and updating project schedules.
Working with the superintendent to reduce project constraints'
impact on the schedule.
- Distribution of new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI
responses, and other project information to all affected
- Understanding and enforcement of contracts, including between
the company and subcontractors as well as the company and the
- Assist the superintendent and project manager in the
implementation of the company policies and the execution of the
- Identifying, assembling, negotiating, and distributing change
orders to both the owner and subcontractors.
- Preparing agendas, documents, meeting minutes, and actions for
various meetings including owner/architect/contractor meetings,
subcontractor coordination meetings, safety meetings, and staff
- Participating in project cost control. This includes
maintaining internal records and working with subcontractors to
make sure changes are getting paid.
- Preparing owner billing by assembling the company costs,
receiving, and reviewing subcontractor invoices, and organizing the
documents in accordance with the owner's requirements.
- Monitoring testing and inspection records and reports, safety
inspection and accident logs and reports, and record building
permit inspections and sign-offs.Qualifications
- Organized work approach with the ability to adapt and adjust as
required to support the project's current needs.
- Detailed knowledge of the assigned project scopes with a 100%
- A desire to seek out and resolve construction problems
/conflicts that arise during the design and construction
- Goal-orientated approach to promptly coordinate and resolve
project issues within the project team (including interfacing with
designers, engineers, and owners).
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Suite and Red TeamInterested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Yuba City , Project Engineer, Engineering , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!