Chief Executive Officer
Company: Morrison & Company
Location: Yuba City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
A progressive and growing nut processor in Northern California is
seeking a Chief Executive Officer to join their team. This position
will provide executive leadership and direction to the
organization; leadership consistent with safe and sound business
practices, and in accordance with all company policies, and all
state, federal, and local laws. The CEO supports the vision of the
organization, set jointly with the ownership; and collaboratively
leads the organization staff, assuring a positive and engaged
culture for the company. This role ensures that growers are
provided a premier service and value for their crop and the
company's equity investors receive favorable returns. The CEO
reports to the Board. Responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, and establish policies and objectives including
supervising day -to day operations to encourage the growth and
stability of the company and the provisions of a safe working
environment for employees.
- With the Board , collaboratively establish business -direction
that supports company strategy, operating and budget plans, growth
strategies, and -action plans to lead the company into the
- Provide overall leadership and direction to business
development, grower relations, marketing, customer service,
processing, food safety, finance, accounting, and internal control
- Determine the overall organizational and delivery system
structure and staffing, ensuring the company hires, develops, and
motivates a highly competent and professional staff.
- Facilitate management development and succession, proactively
making necessary adjustments to maintain effective and efficient
- Direct the development and implementation of necessary local
operating policies, procedures, management systems, controls, and
standards to effectively carry out the company's objectives.
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the company's financial
structure, including risk management, competitiveness of its
products, and services and responsiveness to customers' needs.
- Serve as the principal spokesperson for the company to ensure
that its values and objectives are effectively communicated to all
- Meet monthly, or more often as necessary, with the Board to
review financial and operational performance and discuss policy
- Collaboratively facilitate regular (annual) strategic and
long-term planning sessions with the Board.
- Protect the company's physical assets including buildings,
documents, and equipment from unauthorized access or harm.
- Participate in industry and association meetings as appropriate
to stay abreast of trends impacting the company's business
- Ensure compliance with food safety, government, and food
production/processing industry regulations.
- Establish and maintain a broad network of industry,
legislative, regulatory, and key constituency contacts. Serve as an
ambassador for the agriculture community.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in the
agricultural sector; proven experience in strategy development and
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply sound
judgement and strategic thinking to all decisions.
- Strong commitment and adherence to personal values that align
with those of ownership and the overall organization.
- Proven ability to meet financial performance targets and grow
- Superior team building and talent development skills.
Exceptional communication and leadership skills. Compensation :
This position offers a competitive salary depending on
qualifications and experience. In addition, compensation includes:
- Health Insurance, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off, Sick
Leave, Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance, if needed All offers of employment
contingent on a background check. EOE. Please note that Morrison
does not recruit from client personnel ( click here for details
Keywords: Morrison & Company, Yuba City , Chief Executive Officer, Executive , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!