Company: Race Telecommunications LLC
Location: Yuba City
Posted on: July 31, 2022
RACE COMMUNICATIONSJOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Recruiting AssistantCLASSIFICATION: Full-Time,
Non-Exempt, At-WillDEPARTMENT: Human ResourcesREPORTS TO: Senior
Corporate RecruiterEFFECTIVE DATE: 6/20/2022WORK LOCATION: Hybrid -
This position can work a hybrid schedule near one of our office
locations. Must be close enough to attend job fairs within our
California markets, or attend meetings as scheduled. Remote work is
approved within that area.
- Supports the company's internal and external recruiting
processes; performs a variety of activities to assist with all
aspects of the recruiting process. Supports Race Communications
teams in our mission to bridge the digital divide between rural and
urban areas, providing much needed services to those who don't have
access to reliable internet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists recruiter with applicant searches.
- Assists with HR and applicant/resume tracking systems and
related database searches/entries as needed.
- Screens and separates incoming resumes prior to forwarding to
recruiters; prepares resumes and candidate information packets for
- Responds to phone calls from applicants as to status of open
positions and their application.
- Performs informational interviews with interested applicants as
- Schedules interviews and maintains interview schedule for
- Coordinates travel arrangements for recruiters.
- Conducts reference checks on final candidates.
- Conducts research for recruiters and assists in developing
enhanced sourcing and networking contacts through schools,
community agencies, and other sources.
- Assists with coordination of both internal and external job
fairs; ensures that timely registration and payment are made to
vendor; ensures materials, applications, marketing brochures, and
give-away items are ordered and delivered to the job fair; assists
in coordinating the resources needed to staff the job fairs.
- Assists recruiters in marketing company at high schools,
technical schools, colleges, and community agencies through
- Reviews job files to ensure they are complete and in compliance
with legal, regulatory, and audit requirements.
- Assists recruiters in writing and placing advertisements in a
variety of sources including but not limited to newspapers and
- Conducts employment testing for applicants as required by the
- Provides administrative support including but not limited to
screening and routing telephone calls, filing, photocopying,
faxing, and mailing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- One to two years related experience, education, or
- Professional HR and recruiting related certifications and
credentials are preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English, the
primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual Spanish and/or additional language skills are a
- Experience with ADP TotalSource and/or ADP Workforce Now is
- Travel and personal transportation is required to perform
job-related duties at job fairs, events, meetings, and training and
development sessions. Expenses will be reimbursed in accordance
with company policy.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Proficient with use of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Human
Resources Information Systems (HRIS), recruiting software programs,
and social media recruiting platforms.
- Proficient on Microsoft programs, particularly Teams, Bookings,
Outlook, and intermediate Excel.
- Proficient with recruiting procedure and related legal and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds.
- Oral and Written Communication: Speaks clearly, informatively,
and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and
gets clarification; Responds professionally to questions;
Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO laws and policies and
how they apply to recruiting and interviewing; Builds a diverse
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:You must have the physical,
visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of
the job with or without reasonable accommodations. This position
requires regular use of a keyboard, mouse, telephone, computer
workstation, and office equipment. This position frequently
requires speaking, listening, and visual acuity for reading. This
position regularly requires sitting for several hours at a time, as
well as bending, leaning, and kneeling. Occasional walking
(moderate distances in an urban environment), climbing, and periods
of standing may be required. Must be able to safely lift and carry
items (typically boxes of paper and files), and other items up to
35 pounds in order to perform essential functions. Occasional
exposure to outside weather conditions.
EFFECTS ON END RESULTS:This position has a significant impact on
the quality and effectiveness of Race Communications and the Human
Resources Department, by timely executing tasks and facilitating
efficient administrative operations.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities,
or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Race Telecommunications LLC, Yuba City , Recruiting Assistant, Human Resources , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!