Company: Job Juncture
Location: Yuba City
Posted on: May 7, 2020
ALL AROUND MACHINIST
Yuba City, CA
Sets up and operates one or more machine tools to perform a series
of machining operations, such as turning, facing, boring, tapping,
milling, sawing, and drilling on metal workpieces. Analyze
specifications and define tooling requirements. Apply knowledge of
metal properties, shop mathematics, and required operations.
Studies blueprint to visualize machining to be done, and plans
sequence of operations. Selects and installs work-holding fixtures
on machine, and secures workpiece in holding fixtures. Selects
cutting speed, tool feed rate, depth of cut, and cutting tools for
each operation, according to knowledge of metal properties and shop
mathematics. Positions and secures tools in toolholders at each
station, and positions tools in relation to workpiece. Moves stops,
cams, or levers to control workpiece and feeding of tools. Feeds
tools to and along workpiece and to indexing toolholders between
operations, or engages feeding and indexing mechanisms. Turns valve
to direct flow of coolant, against tool and workpiece. Verifies
conformance of machined workpiece to specifications, using
measuring instruments, such as gauges, calipers, and micrometer.
Sharpens tools with bench grinder. Operates attachments to
duplicate profile of template or model on workpiece. Will be
required to have specialized experience with particular material,
product, precision level, machining process including welding, or
size, type, or trade name of equipment.
- Studies sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering
information to determine methods and sequence of operations to
- Operates metalworking machine tools to machine parts to
- Fabricates, assembles, and modifies tooling to produce parts
- Lays out and verifies dimensions of parts, using precision
measuring and marking instruments and knowledge of
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Measures, examines, and tests completed units to detect defects
and ensure conformance to specifications utilizing the latest
measurement equipment and other inspection technologies.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to
diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or
- Cuts and shapes metal to specified shape.
- Establishes work procedures for fabricating new structural
products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Confers with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing
personnel to exchange technical information.
- Completes certified welding requirements as needed.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Manual Machining Skills
VTL, Vertical and Horizontal Boring Mills, Lathes, Horizontal
Milling MachinesIDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
Strong manual machining abilities; Exposure to large machines; Be
organized and history of safety; CNC skills are a plus but manual
machining is critical; ability to work overtime when needed;
Keywords: Job Juncture, Yuba City , Machinist, Other , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!