JOB DESCRIPTION Canning Line Worker
Typical Hours Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Applicants should have:
1. Desire to learn and master canning line procedures
2. Able to supervise 2-3 people working with them
3. Willingness to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in their
4. Able to neatly and quickly put labels and stickers on cans
5. Aspire to maintain cleanliness of work area and warehouse
6. Flexibility to work early or late
1. Able to pick up and stack 50 lb packages
2. Ability to walk or stand for most of the shift
3. Speak, read and write English
4. Working knowledge of basic math
5. Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
Description of tasks
1. Use forklift to bring raw materials and packaging materials
and finished product in and out of the work space
2. Assemble cardboard boxes, and label in preparation for
3. Match paperwork to product prior to packing
4. Adjust packing machinery to maintain accuracy in filling
5. Stack finished goods on pallet.
6. Apply labels to packaging
7. Fill out paperwork with appropriate weights packed and
returned to inventory.
Some of the responsibilities include:
Maintaining accurate system inventory records.
Ensure lot numbers and locations are traceable.
Allocation of lot numbers to work orders.
Reconciliation of work orders.
Location movements of seed from the field to the mill.
Tracking Consignment inventory.
Understanding Warehouse work flow.
Understanding quality requirements for orders.
Receiving Seed into the inventory system.
Creating work orders for the warehouse to pack orders.
Invoicing orders / removing seed from inventory.