Mental Health Therapist
Company: Sutter County Human Resources
Location: yuba city
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general direction, provides psychotherapy, counseling, and
treatment services in a clinic or institutional setting.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not
to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other related duties
may be required and assigned.
- Performs primary intensive therapy services with patients or
clients and their relatives.
- Provides evaluation of problems presented, recommendations of
services needed, and development/implementation of treatment
- Determines eligibility for mental health assessments, initiates
assessments and prepares written assessments.
- Participates in psychotherapy program with psychiatric staff
- Confers with other staff members, psychiatrists, community
agencies, school officials, probation officers, and others to
exchange information and implement treatment plans.
- Interprets and explains to clients, relatives, and community
groups the social and emotional factors pertaining to illness.
- Refers patients or clients to appropriate community
- Evaluates new techniques for dealing with emotional and
- Prepares social case histories with particular emphasis upon
psycho-social factors affecting the patient or client.
- Prepares and/or generates various correspondence and
- Reviews various documentation and processes, forwards, or takes
other action as appropriate.
- Maintains departmental files and records.
- Provides on-call coverage as needed.
- MARGINAL DUTIES
- Maintains inventory of departmental supplies and initiates
requests for new or additional materials.
- Answers the telephone, provides information, takes messages
and/or directs calls as appropriate.
- Responds to requests for information or assistance.
- Attends meetings and hearings.
- Oversees the work of other staff members as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of: Principles of psychiatric social work; counseling,
psychotherapy, and other techniques of psychiatric social work;
community resources in the field of mental health; physical and
mental illnesses and their impact upon personality; social aspects
of mental and emotional disturbances; the use of a
milieu/treatment-team approach to inpatient treatment; new
techniques, trends and advances in the profession; standard office
equipment; and clerical activities related to an organization's
programs and operations.
Ability to: Apply casework skills effectively; establish and
maintain effective working relationships with others; secure and
record accurate and pertinent social and personal data; communicate
effectively both orally and in writing; operate standard office
equipment; and operate a motor vehicle.
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or
university with education and experience to be licensed in the
State of California as a Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social
Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT),
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
License or Certificate : Must possess a valid California license as
a Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Marriage and
Family Therapist (LMFT).
Those applicants holding out-of-state licenses as Psychologists,
LCSWs, LPCC's, and LMFTs must apply for licensure with the
California Board of Psychology or the California Board of
Behavioral Science Examiners and apply for a waiver through the
California Department of Health Care Services. Such applicants
would be required to obtain licensure within three years of
Waivers may be obtained pursuant to Chapter 712, Statutes of 1995
and any regulatory requirements of the California Department of
Mental Health. Must maintain licensure and registration as
determined by California Department of Mental Health.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to meet requirements for
licensure and/or registration through the Board of Psychology or
the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners in the State of
California. Applicants must maintain registration and/or licensure
as a condition of employment with the County of Sutter.
Keywords: Sutter County Human Resources, Yuba City , Mental Health Therapist, Other , yuba city, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!