Medical Assistant II
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Yuba City
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Organization: SMF-Sutter Med Foundation - North Position
Overview: -Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and
members of the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back
office and patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of
high-quality patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow
within the department and assists the patient care team in
implementing the medical plan of care. Integrates education,
technical competence, and patient interaction skills to gain
confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support
group, and other healthcare providers. Performs all duties under
the direction of a clinician. Job Description: EDUCATION
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.
- OR Other: Equivalent Sutter Health Training program.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 1 year requires basic clinical and practical experience as
typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and electronic health record
(EHR). ABILITY TO
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare
providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives. Job
Shift: Varied Schedule: Full Time Shift Hours: 8 Days of the Week:
Variable Weekend Requirements: Rotating Weekends Benefits: Yes
Unions: No Position Status: Non-Exempt Weekly Hours: 40 Employee
Status: Regular Number of Openings: 0 This position may regularly
work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or
administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially
hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and
Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800. Sutter Health Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Yuba City , Medical Assistant II, Other , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!