Inventory and Finance Coordinator
Company: Ardent Mills
Location: Yuba City
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Inventory and Finance Coordinator
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our
customers innovate and grow, with the industry's broadest range of
traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends,
and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled
technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance
of a coast-to-coast network of more than 35 community mills and
blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery, gluten-free
quinoa and chickpea cleaning and packaging facilities, and Emerging
Nutrition. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of
grain. We're looking for dynamic people to join our team.
This position will provide inventory coordination and financial
analysis support to the Yuba City and Klamath Falls facilities.
This role verifies, corrects, and analyzes inventory movements to
ensure inventory accuracy by conducting daily, weekly, and monthly
processes. This position will monitor and resolve any inventory
imbalances in ERP systems and verify and audit shipments for
accurate consumption and goods movement. This position also assists
in preparing the plant locations for physical inventory counts for
Raw Materials, Finished Goods, Semi-Finished Goods, and Ingredients
and ensures compliance with inventory procedures to maintain
safeguarding of Ardent Mills' assets. This role is also responsible
for validation of costing at the site and any other operations or
finance related site-specific requests.
This position requires a high degree of analytical ability to
reconcile inventory on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as well
as strong leadership and professionalism.
This role will report to the Yuba City Manager of Administration
and will have a strong dotted-line reporting and support
relationship with the Emerging Nutrition Finance team.
Above all, you will be expected to carry out all your activities
with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe,
environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Provide process, control, and analysis support to the Operations
teams for proper recording of inventory and production activities
and reconciliation of physical inventory with systematic
* Organize, coordinate, and control the inventory processes at Yuba
City and Klamath Falls and the Operations personnel that perform
the processes. Ensure that inventory activity is recorded timely,
accurately, and completely.
* Be a Subject-Matter Expert ("SME") for the inventory & production
processes and accounting systems utilized to support the Yuba City
and Klamath Falls operations.
* Review inventory movements in the system to ensure they were
recorded properly. Coordinate with Plant Operations to resolve
unusual or unexpected transactions and coordinate to ensure the
proper processes are followed.
* Assist in the system design of new processes/capabilities that
come from potential future investments at the Plants.
* Contribute as a key subject-matter expert in ERP system
production and inventory process designs and implementations.
* Audit and seek approval from the Plant Admin Manager for any
inventory write-off's prior to entering movements into Ardent
systems. Analyze inventory movements in Ardent systems.
* Oversee the movement of new production, restages, and recalls,
aged product and isolating this product when needed.
* Participate with Risk and Supply Chain teams in pipeline and
distressed inventory discussions and actions plans.
* Ensure all shipments are posted and accurate and all required
paperwork is verified.
* Monitor inventory consumption for discrepancies, research, and
resolve. Ensure correct usage of all materials and correct
reporting (including packaging, not limited to bags, seals,
ingredients, and pallets).
* Ensure inventory is classified properly and maintained accurately
on the Plant floor and in the system.
* Resolve all variances, identify root cause, complete training,
and coaching of Operations team with results as necessary, and
analyze inventory trends if applicable. Work with reports provided
by Finance and information from demand planners to identify and
resolve inventory discrepancies.
* Verify plant locations follow all inventory cycle counting
procedures as defined in SOP's.
* Monitor inventory transfers from third party locations (3PL) for
accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
* Perform costing analyses of production processes to assist
Emerging Nutrition Finance in creating and maintaining Product
P&Ls. E.g., Activity-based Costing studies.
Essential skills and experience:
* Cost accounting knowledge.
* Inventory management / Operations experience.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to manage multiple locations remotely.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
* Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities with immediate deadlines
and limited direction.
* Good computer skills, ability to learn in-house manufacturing and
* Strong analytical and technical knowledge.
* Continuous improvement mindset.
* Can maintain a high degree of interaction with multiple
departments while working with a cross functional team to resolve
Good to have:
* College Degree preferred or equivalent business experience.
* Production and/or Warehouse management experience
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without
* Willing and able to work in a plant environment
* Willing and able to work with wheat products i.e. no wheat/gluten
sensitivity, intolerance and/or allergies
* Occasional travel may be required (up to 15%)
* This role will be based in Yuba City, CA at our Ancient Grains
production facility. The successful candidate will be expected to
commit to a periodic presence at the Klamath Falls, OR location,
the frequency of which will be open to discussion with the hiring
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of
work performed by employees within this position. It may not
contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications required of employees in this position. The
description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to
change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
Yuba City CA
1200 Putman Ave, Yuba City CA, 95991
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Keywords: Ardent Mills, Yuba City , Inventory and Finance Coordinator, Professions , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!