Location: Yuba City
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Now Hiring Commercial EstimatorsThis Jobot Job is hosted by:
Miguel MartinezAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply
Now" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:We started as
a small family-owned business and have grown to a national GC
ranked in the top 15 within Northern California. Whether your
project is a multi-million dollar facility or a small space
commercial renovation we will listen to your goals and develop a
strategy based on your business needs. It is our goal to build a
long-lasting relationship you can depend on.Why join us?We are a
values-oriented organization that offers competitive pay, benefits,
and opportunity for advancement.Job DetailsRequirements:
- Handling the project from the first estimate all the way
through subcontracts being formalized.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, ask
the right questions, and work to provide a complete project cost
- Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for our
customers, empowering and informing them throughout the
- Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex
issues as they arise related to cost, lead times, trade partners,
and/or specified products or materials.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and
be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost
estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility
- Ability to prepare detailed estimates and as the design
evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value
engineering studies throughout.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate
package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Must be able to collaborate with the project team to establish
the necessary staffing and project requirements.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the
factors that affect construction costs.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions for bidders,
trade-specific clarifications, and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids,
communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals,
using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Make subcontractor award recommendations to the customer/owner
and negotiate and finalize subcontracts with trade partners.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation
and presentation of cost/budget information to the
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in
requests for proposal responses (RFPs) and the formal presentation
for a project.
- Able to engage and develop business with new and existing
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a
- Ability to identify, adapt to, and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment, with both
external and internal teammates.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite,
estimating software, and Red Team
- Bachelor's degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude.
- This job is salaried.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now
by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Yuba City , Estimator, Professions , Yuba City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!